Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year - Pray more, worry less

I was just sitting here reading blogs from my friends Janice and Emily-Sarah, and feeling kind of guilty that I haven't blogged in months. But then I remembered my New Years resolution: Pray more, worry less. I already feel better. Seriously, there is power in prayer and there is power in words. I hope to also do more meditation and visualization. No, I won't say "hope to", instead I'll say "will." The first sounds/feels tentative and the second sounds/feels imperative. And that's another goal: Prepare, plan, commit. Whether it's to better health, improved finances or quality time with friends and family.

I think the biggest challenge and resulting positive change for me personally last year was teaching Sunday School (which I still do) for the 3-6 year olds at our church. Little did I know that when I signed up to help them grow, I have grown. When I signed up to teach them about God, I have learned about God. Seeing the world through the eyes of children is exciting, enlightening and effervescent. And even though one little boy thought I was hubby Russell's mother, we all had a good laugh at that.

I challenge you to become more child like this year, rethink your priorities and find it in your heart to give away something every day: a smile, a hug, a compliment, a high-five. God bless us everyone!

No comments: